May 13th, 2008 Comics Review
Today my bus broke down on the way to work and I had to sit and wait 45 minutes for the next bus to come around. I'm not sure why I'm sharing this with you, but I figured if they could do something totally pointless in The Phantom then so could I!
Dick Tracy 5/13/08
Two days ago Dick was just wrapping up a case of a deformed, misunderstood artist and he's already in the office getting back to the grind. Now Tess calls and it looks like we'll be treated to the saga of "The Missing Ingredient Tess Needs for Tonights Big Dinner Party! Can You Pick It Up On The Way Home?"
Pinkerton 5/13/08
This was one of my favorite books and it's good to see Tucker taking such a liking to it. I can't wait for him to get to Fight Club and start asking Martin to "Hit him as hard as he can".
The Phantom 5/13/08
I have no idea why todays Phantom was necessary. It would be like reading Pickles with the grandpa going "Alrighty lets take a left on Mulberry street. Then I'm going to hope of the express way till exit 94, take a right at the first stop sign and then we'll be home." Sorry, there is no drama, or action, or comedy. It is just a total waste of a days strip.
Yenny 5/13/08
For those of you not familiar with Yenny, it is supposed to be a comic about a 22 year old Puerto Rican girl who wants to be a model but she has gigantic feet. The fact of the matter is the strip is about huge boobs and long legs and that apparently Puerto Ricans only wear short shorts and bikini tops. Despite the ridiculous amount of flesh in this comic it is never sexual, which makes me feel kind of pervy. That being said, today was the first day since I started reading this strip when we finally get some innuendo, thank god!
0 comments:
Post a Comment