Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Lots of comics for May 14th, 2008

Good ol' hump day and all is well! The comics today were a joy to read and the sun in shining outside. I am trying to read more web comics each week so if you write a web comic or there is one you perticularly like, send me an email and I'll give it a go!


Boy on a Stick and Slither 5-14-08








I've been reading BOASAS ever since I discovered it when gocomics.com started carrying it and I've enjoyed it almost every day but today was the first time it made me laugh out loud. Random accidents and authoritative snakes do that to me I guess. Check out the strips website for an archive of all the strips for free!


Brenda Starr 5/14/08








I am amazed this douchebag guy, whos actual name in the strip is Brand Bottomline, didn't say he'd been in Durkadurkastan. If you're going to make up a name for a country in the middle east, lets turn down the racism a little bit. I've only been reading this strip since I stared this blog, but the fact that Brenda Starr has age lines under her eyes that should be on the side of her eyes, and that she ALWAYS manages some nice lense flare in her hair, is really starting to bother me. Plus her friends name is Dorita. Too much weirdness for me.


Dick Tracy 5/14/0/8








Who would send Dick Tracy such a horrible thing in the mail? Stick with us as we investigate The Mystery of the Leg Lamp! Finally we get a break from the art smugglers and other boring plot lines we've been stuck with lately.


Diesel Sweeties web comic 5/14/08




















I always thought DS was the same in syndication as it was posted on the website but I learned just this week that they also post larger comics every week day online. This is great for me because I love the strip so now it's DS times two! With all the great rhyming and sexual innuendo how could I not post this strip!


Judge Parker 5/14/08









I have to say the anticipation for the climax of the current story arc has been building to Mary Worth levels and I for one am amazed at Gloria's skills. It makes me wonder if Sam really hired her for phone-answering skills or if it was because she listed her previous job as a FUCKING NINJA. My only critique is I would have gone with a backhand. Nothing says "Take that for turning an old lady in to a bomb!" like a bitch slap.


The Phantom 5/14/08








More riveting travel comics from the Phantom today. I personally am excited for their trip across the Atlantic. "Wow, look at all those waves." "I've never seen so many!" "There sure is a lot of water out here." I could just die and go to heaven.


We the Robots 5/14/08









I don't know why, but the revelation that the creative writing teacher is an alcoholic just hit me right in the funny bone. Maybe it's because most of my teachers who taught writing remind me a lot of this bearded, blue tied robot teacher. Thanks WtR.

0 comments:

About This Blog

All editorial matter on this blog is copyright 2008 Bryce Baker and may not be reproduced without permission. All Rights Reserved. All images of comic strip art are copyright by their respective copyright holders except those in public domain. If you are the copyright holder of an image displayed on this blog and would like a specific copyright displayed, or believe the display transcends fair use, please contact me.

Blog Archive

Buttons!

Add to Technorati Favorites Comic Blog Elite Humor Blog Directory Blog Directory for OR  Businesses & Yellow Pages

DCR Devotees

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP