Thursday, May 22, 2008

Funy times for comics Thurdsday! 5/22/08

The comics today were more of the same:bad jokes and bad drawing. There's not excuse for cartoon abuse. I am in favor of putting some strips out to pasture that have been around for so long they are just treading water. I wont go in to detail on that now, some time in the future I will, but my blog is littered with great examples. After yesterdays mini-novel I wrote about each comic lets see if I can keep it to two lines per strip today!


Dick Tracy 5/22/08








Here we have one man who has no eyes and a freaking alien. I don't know where he learned to draw, but Eagle-Nose and Chisel-Cheeks are starting to freak me out.


Mark Trail 5/22/08








To me it looks like todays strip was a Howard Dean Scream-Off. Thank God it Mark won this battle.


Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 5/22/08








If you didn't already know, TMNT has followed in the footsteps of the Amazing Spider-Man by taking a good comic book and turning it in to a horrible newspaper strip full of talking and no action. My only qualm with todays strip is that April's excuse will never work; Tom is too busy with Katie.


The Phantom 5/22/08








Just a question of logic here: why swim underwater Mr. Phantom? He's either trying to show off for Diana or we're finally learning his parents are in fact Tinky Winky and Aquaman.

0 comments:

About This Blog

All editorial matter on this blog is copyright 2008 Bryce Baker and may not be reproduced without permission. All Rights Reserved. All images of comic strip art are copyright by their respective copyright holders except those in public domain. If you are the copyright holder of an image displayed on this blog and would like a specific copyright displayed, or believe the display transcends fair use, please contact me.

Blog Archive

Buttons!

Add to Technorati Favorites Comic Blog Elite Humor Blog Directory Blog Directory for OR  Businesses & Yellow Pages

DCR Devotees

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP