Daily Comic Strips of 5/20/2008
The Daily Comics Review is happy to bring you Tuesdays fine assortment of crappy comics. I have been searching lately for other people doing what I am doing and trying to make contacts within the small group of people with time to waste on blogging about comics. I have been surprised there is so little discussion by individuals on their own sites but so much commenting by visitors on established sites. Like I have said, if you like critiquing comics I want your help! I envision this site becoming a collection of comics commentators covering web comics, soap opera comics and regular old strips too. Contact me if you're interested.
Apartment 3-G 5/20/08
I am amazed that we have never seen any dope in this comic even though ti has been overwhelming the strip lately. Besides the fact that "Haley" has her vocabulary stuck in the 70's, Alan can't seem just let his inhibitions down to "have some fun". A3G has been the most predictable soap comic lately with this downward drug spiral sure to end in a job ending and/or family intervention. Personally I hope this plot line ends with a drug deal gone wrong and somebody getting shanked.
Over the Hedge 5/20/08
OTH is one of those dailies I read for the slight smirk it gives me almost every day. Today though I got a full chuckle from RJ and Hammy and their Lord of the Rings impersonation. Sorry Verne, nobody loves you.
Red and Rover 5/20/08
NO MORE FREAKIN CROSS-STRIP COMICS Sheesh! Those who have been following Mark Trail know all about the over-zealous dog-nappers but it seems they have gone way too far this time, making off with the next most-famous comic dog next to Marmaduke. Let us all hope for the swift return of Rover, because a strip called Red would just be communist.
Wee Pals 5/20/08
I have to confess something to all my readers today (all 2 of you). I hate Berets. They look bad on pretty much everyone, most people who choose to wear them as a fashion statement think they are being edgy when they are really being lame, and I would be fine if they were outlawed everywhere in the world except for France. Also this comic isn't funny, it's just depressing. I have complained about the mouths in this strip before, but today we have this ugly mug front and center in our final frame and now I'm not even interested in lunch any more.
Wizard of Id 5/20/08
Look, I know that he means what he said symbolically, but the idea of watersports in Wizard of Id was just too much for me to take without saying something. For a strip that has been boring for years, it appears all we needed to spice it up was a little urine fetish humor.
0 comments:
Post a Comment