Typographical Errors
Well, it's that time again when I take a break from my duties at the Meekrat Entertainment Group and blather on about comic strips. Let's get to it, shall we?
Compu-Toon
The first thing that struck me about this panel was that the joke is sort of clever. Of course a wireless network would work at a wire company, though that's not why this is posted here. For one, the caption seems clumsily written. If they just replaced the "if" with the "that", it would read better, though it may not be grammatically correct. Second, all the words in the panel are skewed. The type at the bottom should be slanted to match the sign, and the lettering on the door is a bit better, though not perfect. Also, "We sale all types of wires"? I'm going out on a limb and guessing this is another "Yenny" type incident, where the strip's grammatical and typographical mistakes stems from the strip being produced in a non-English language. If not, there's really no reason for a syndicated strip to be so lazy.
Gasoline Alley
On a semi-related note, this joke only makes sense if Slim hasn't been reliably portrayed as a well-meaning but slightly dim character every other time I've seen him in this strip. There's no way on Earth he'd be confused about the double meaning of fine.
Spider-Man
Meanwhile, it looks like the marriage I've been pushing for is going to be dashed by a rampaging monster, hopefully Fin Fang Foom but likely not him. Chances are, the Mole Man will either vanish, leading Aunt May to return to the surface a heart-broken mess, or Aunt May will realize the constant danger she might be in living underground and call off the wedding. In either case, I won't be happy.
Crock and Piranha Club
I leave you with two strips about rump roast. Bizarre? Yes.
2 comments:
Crock and Piranha Club are next to each other on my comics page. I was trying to figure out why rump roast was relevant today.
But... the guy didn't appear to actually buy the rancid pork chops. And pork chops look nothing like rump roast. And that strip makes no sense.
Post a Comment