Sunday Comics April 27, 2008
Ah the Sunday comics. So much potential squandered week to week it can make you sick. This whole new thing I am doing with reading pretty much every single comic in syndication has turned out to be kind of depressing. There is so much mediocre stuff out there, not bad but not good either. Ah thank god for the good ones we still have.
Cul De Sac 4/27/08
I started reading this strip a little over a month ago and I love it. I can't quite pin down exactly why though. It's a slightly different style, the kids say hilarious stuff, and their eyes always convey a whole additional level of communication. I figured I should post comics I like on here too so I don't just look like a bitter old man on here.
Family Circus 4/27/08
Fuck the Family Circus. This comic is the biggest waste of space on almost every comics page across the country. This is a perfect example, a two frame atrocity that leaves you wishing you'd never laid eyes on it. Someone should start one of those incredibly effective online petitions asking the Keane brothers to immediately stop drawing this horrible comic and put the comic down already.
Secret Asian Man 4/27/08
Slylock Fox 4/27/08

Slick Smity has really lost his edge if he has fallen to the level of stealing his neighbors TV remote while she's working in the yard. Either that or Ms. Mayfair is broke as hell and after breaking in to her home and not finding anything worth stealing Slick took the remote out of spite. It's what I would have done.
Ziggy 4/27/08

I have to confess I actually stopped reading Ziggy for a long time after high school. He seemed to be getting more and more depressed. Heading in a slow downward spiral towards self destruction I had to stop reading so Zig would know I didn't agree with his views on life. Well I can report Zig has beaten back those old demons and I'm guessing he has gotten some professional help. It's the only reason I can find for his 180 degree change since I have started reading again over the last year. Yay for Prozac!
0 comments:
Post a Comment