Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Turkeys Are Meat!?!?!?!

Hey everyone! Zachary the Stupid Inventor here with today's comic review!

Before I begin I just wanted to point out that a lot of strips have a character (usually a kid) deciding to not eat meat because they feel bad for the turkey.... I totally don't get that. Listen, if you're a vegetarian or a carnivore it doesn't make a difference to me, but why single out the turkey? I realize from a writers perspective it's an easy way to come up with a Thanksgiving related storyline, but in reality it just seems silly no? If the thought of eating animals is gross to a person, they would have stopped eating meat long before Thanksgiving... Anyways, I'm really looking forward to eating turkey tomorrow!

Every comic I'm reviewing today could fit in at least two of my usual Good, Bad, Weird, Nitpicks categories so I'm just going to present and comment on them as is... to the strips!

Wizard of Id: I just found it weird that they would run a "eating bird" strip today that has nothing to do with thanksgiving... and isn't this strip taking place in the middle ages? I would think a freshly killed bird we be fine back then? Weird...

Rhymes With Orange: I was just curious why there isn't an "Easter Peep" at the round table...

The Amazing Spiderman: Other DailyComicsReviewers have already commented about how stupid it is that Spiderman always needs help, and I totally agree. That being said, The Thing is my favorite superhero of all time so I'm glad to see him on the comics page! He should really have his own syndicated comic strip! it would have tons of action and he has a great sense of humor... oh well, a nerd can dream!

Pickles: A funny strip, but I can't help but think it would have been funnier the 3rd panel had no dialogue and the 4th panel was the burp.... just my humble opinion.
Brevity: This would have made a lot more sense and been a lot funnier if the guys clothes were more tattered and there was more destruction in the background... All there is to show it's some sort of apocalypse is an overturned car, stubble and a ripped shirt.

Ok, that's it for me, have an amazing Thanksgiving everyone and keep reading the Daily Comics Review!

1 comments:

Just Some Guy,  November 26, 2010 at 3:24 AM  

I think Bill is in Detroit.

Also, how is Jonathan Livingston Seagull a "avian seasonal icon"?

About This Blog

All editorial matter on this blog is copyright 2008 Bryce Baker and may not be reproduced without permission. All Rights Reserved. All images of comic strip art are copyright by their respective copyright holders except those in public domain. If you are the copyright holder of an image displayed on this blog and would like a specific copyright displayed, or believe the display transcends fair use, please contact me.

Blog Archive

Buttons!

Add to Technorati Favorites Comic Blog Elite Humor Blog Directory Blog Directory for OR  Businesses & Yellow Pages

DCR Devotees

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP