Friday, October 29, 2010

Early Halloween Special

Hey there, everyone. So sorry about the lack of update yesterday. If it makes you feel any better, the Meekrat Entertainment Group hasn't gotten much love from me this week either. To make it up to you, here's comics from the past two days, plus I scoured the Internet for web-comics! Well, not really scoured. Just read the ones I usually read. Here we go:

THURSDAY
Brevity
Photobucket
I'll allow for the irradiated spider still being alive, even though that sucker would be dead seconds after biting Peter Parker. What gets me about this is the fact that the Daily Bugle isn't calling Spider-Man a threat or a menace, and isn't claiming he's in cahoots with the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

BC
Photobucket
I see that BC is just ripping off jokes from Garfield now. I'm not even going to bring up all the things that are stupid and wrong with Friday's strip.

Retail
Photobucket
I believe I remarked upon this strip's costumes last year as well, but it's worth repeating. Waldo (or Wally, for some of you) is eye-catching, to be sure, but the Captain Kangaroo costume is just on a whole other level. I believe that Friday's strip featured the boss dressed as Ming the Merciless, but that's hardly better than Captain Kangaroo.

FRIDAY
Sally Forth
Photobucket
Speaking of costumes, check this out. The Hawks have been getting more exposure in recent years, due to the "Justice League" cartoon and whatnot, but it's still surprising to see them casually referenced like this. Then again, Ted is a colossal geek, so I shouldn't be too surprised.

My Cage
Photobucket
Since I'm not posting tomorrow or Sunday, I'd like to take this opportunity to say farewell to "My Cage". I hope its creators are able to find success elsewhere, or perhaps continue the strip as a web-comic or something. I think they could pull it off, if they wanted to.

Spider-Man
Photobucket
Since this post has so far been mild praises and whatnot, here's today's Spider-Man. It's obvious Mole Man has captured the two of them, but it could be a tentacle demon. Which would mean that this strip is pioneering tentacle rape in the funny pages! Can't wait for editors to get letters about that. It'll be the best thing ever.

Mandrake the Magician
Photobucket
It's always nice to see some of these strip acknowledge their shared universes.

WEB-COMICS
Axe Cop
Photobucket
If, for some reason, you're not reading Axe Cop, here's an example of what you're missing. The real reason I put this here, though, is to point out the questionable message Axe Cop is sending children when he claims that you can take any candy you want because the cops are asleep. The last few panels where Axe Cop comes back with over a thousand pieces of candy and winds up with only eleven are pretty genius, too. You probably can't actually read it, due to its size, so just go to the site and do so.

Oh, and happy Halloween to all of you. Unless you don't celebrate it, in which case... have a nice weekend. Also, November is National Novel Writing Month, if you're into that sort of thing.

0 comments:

About This Blog

All editorial matter on this blog is copyright 2008 Bryce Baker and may not be reproduced without permission. All Rights Reserved. All images of comic strip art are copyright by their respective copyright holders except those in public domain. If you are the copyright holder of an image displayed on this blog and would like a specific copyright displayed, or believe the display transcends fair use, please contact me.

Blog Archive

Buttons!

Add to Technorati Favorites Comic Blog Elite Humor Blog Directory Blog Directory for OR  Businesses & Yellow Pages

DCR Devotees

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP