Bones, Donuts, and Rubes
Hey everyone, Zachary the Stupid Inventor here with this Wednesday's comic review!
Let's get to it, shall we?
The Bad:Girls and Sports: Another Daily Comics Reviewer mentioned that some of the Girls and Sports strips have been appearing damaged on one of the sites recently... well it keeps happening, which makes me laugh because it means that whoever sets up the website doesn't read this strip either.... have I mentioned I think this strip is horrible?
Nitpicks:
Bound and Gagged: Why didn't she just wear a hat to cover up badly dyed hair? I think the gag was originally going to be a "Quick Makeover Kit" rather than hair dye and was changed last minute because it was unoriginal.... just my theory.Birdbrains: It really bothers me that they chose to put a skull and crossbones on the lampshade instead of just making the lamp itself a bone...... there really is something wrong with me!
Big Top: This strip could have been so much better if there were fake funny tabloid headlines to go with the pictures of characters from other strips... just saying.
The Good:Brewster Rockit: I love this strip! Brewster Rockit is one of my favorite comics, I don't know why it's not more popular.
Heart of the City: I don't know how Mark Tatulli manages to make two very awesome, and very different comic strips at the same time! This is a great strip, and it works even if you haven't seen District 9. (Great movie by the way.)
Rubes: I had the honor of meeting Leigh Rubin, the creator of Rubes, yesterday at a presentation he was giving in NY celebrating his comic's 25th year! It was a fun presentation and I urge all of you to check out his site and see if he'll be coming near you on his tour, if so then definitley check him out! http://www.rubescartoons.com/events.html
In Honor of the 25th Anniversary, he create a book of his favorite Rubes panels from the past 25 years, all in color. Even if you cant make the show, get the book!
The Wild and Twisted World of Rubes: A Rubes Cartoon Collection
Ok, that's it for my comic review, see you all next time!
Zachary
Stupid Inventor
0 comments:
Post a Comment