Cow belts and smashed thumbs
Happy Wednesday, everyone! Time for some more comics review. Also, after several weeks of laziness, I've updated my webcomic. Check it out if you like hedgehogs, are unemployed, or are just bored and aimlessly surfing the web.
Adam@Home
I always find it jarring when I see jokes about comics or cartoonists in the funny pages. The author is being a bit too self-referencial for my tastes. If you want to have an autobiographical strip, just go all out and do it. Adam doesn't appear to be in the comics business, so it's a bit weird for him to revere Calvin and Hobbes this much.
The Argyle Sweater
The gag is mildly amusing. But leather is made from actual cow skin. I don't think a belt made from shaved cow hair would work very well.
Boomerangs
The mom here may be right, but shoving a book in your daughter's face and saying, "See? This is what's wrong with you!" doesn't seem very respectful. Generally, it's a bad idea to bring up transference during an argument. I tried with my girlfriend one time and... well, let's just say a smashed thumb would have been a better outcome.
The Norm, 8/30/11
Ug. This strip is the equivalent of one those annoying television recap episodes. If a storyline needs this much infographics then perhaps it's a bit too complicated for a daily comic.
The Other Coast
This gag is a rip-off of Monty Python.
Ziggy
Look who's talking, barkeep! Though this being the Ziggy universe, that guy probably just doesn't like Ziggy and quickly made up some crap to keep him out.
1 comments:
Hump days are the best days of the week and so is this writer. I love Hump Day! Happy Hump Day everyone, the weekend is half way here =)
Post a Comment