Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Day Late, A Buck Short

Hey everyone! Zachary the Stupid Inventor here for Wednesday's comic review!
Sorry it's so late, and sorry I didn't write a review last week, but I recently got married (Last Sunday) so things have been a bit hectic (but awesome). Let's begin, shall we?


The Chuckle Bros.: I've complained before about the way this strip is set-up, that since its available in both strip and panel format the layout always look weird, but today I want to focus on how bad the joke is. The gag is horrible because it's so general. Instead of Mission Impossible, it could have been made about any thing, show, etc.

Lio: This strip disappointed me. Although Cybil the cat is usually a bit crazy and gun/weapon heavy. She usually is stopped before she causes any actual damage. The implication here of a blown up dog seems a bit in poor taste for this strip. Just my opinion of course.

Pearls Before Swine: I love the drawing of an old-time Clark Kent in the 2nd panel. Although this whole gag seems ironic in a newspaper strip with print media dying and all...
Loose Parts: Ew! But it made me laugh....
Pickles: Always a guaranteed laugh, this has become one of my favorite strips!


Before I go I wanted to posted this great video of a test pilot that Jim Henson produced of a possible Wizard of ID puppet TV show, definitely and interesting watch, and thanks to the Daily Cartoonist for posting it.



Till next time!
Zachary,
Stupid Inventor

3 comments:

Mister Lee March 24, 2011 at 1:54 PM  

The "Mission Impossible" strip is made even stupider by the fact that the series wasn't created by Graves, but by a guy named Bruce Geller, and Graves wasn't even in the first season.

Mike Podgor March 24, 2011 at 3:01 PM  

I'm glad someone finally found a good video of the Wizard of Id thing. I mentioned it a while ago but was expecting it to be lost to time.

Senor Juxtaposition,  March 24, 2011 at 10:59 PM  

Lio: Wait, isn't this the very same knob who made a big public display of self-righteousness over his attacks on Michael Vick? Now giggling over a blown-up dog?

(YES, the dog in question is fictional, just like the assorted humans who wind up maimed and killed in the strip HAW HAW HAW. And YES, Vick did horrible, horrible things to real-life animals. But if you're gearing up to fly off the handle, first check up on what Vick's been doing SINCE his sentencing, as well as the conditions of his probation...just so you don't look as completely ignorant and slobberingly idiotic as Tatulli himself.)

About This Blog

All editorial matter on this blog is copyright 2008 Bryce Baker and may not be reproduced without permission. All Rights Reserved. All images of comic strip art are copyright by their respective copyright holders except those in public domain. If you are the copyright holder of an image displayed on this blog and would like a specific copyright displayed, or believe the display transcends fair use, please contact me.

Blog Archive

Buttons!

Add to Technorati Favorites Comic Blog Elite Humor Blog Directory Blog Directory for OR  Businesses & Yellow Pages

DCR Devotees

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP