Canada, Hairballs, and Engineers
Hey everyone, Zach the Stupid Inventor here with this Wednesday's comic review!
The Bad:Non-Sequitur: I've posted a few times about how much I dislike this storyline and how crazy it is that it's been going on for sooo long, so I'll save the rant and just point out that the story is still going and showing no signs of stopping.
Blondie: This strip REALLY got me upset today. It just drives me crazy when a "Zombie Strip" thats been going on for years tries to make fun of itself for not fitting in with current times. You want to know why Dagwood can't find a shirt with just one button? Because this strip started in 1930 and nobody dresses even remotely like that anymore..... this strip needs to just retire already. Too bad it'll never happen.
Nitpicks:
Ziggy: The nerd in me is forcing me to point out that if the cat is shooting the hairball, the glass shards should be OUTSIDE.... I hate myself for having the need to point that out, I'm sorry.The Argyle Sweater: I think this gag would have worked a bit better with an open trap door instead of a hole in the floor... what do you guys think?
The Good:Bizarro: This panel is awesome! I just wish they had made more Canada jokes with the costume, perhaps moose antlers as part of the tiara?
Lio: I have to admit I was a bit shocked by the tameness of the punchline... I was expecting the last panel to be Lio digging into a grave or robbing a dentist with his octopus....
Bewley: I don't think I've seen this strip before, but I liked this one. I found it interesting that the cartoonist chose to go with an extra wide last panel instead of having a middle panel with some sort of sound effect. I think this way it takes a little longer to get what happens and laugh, but maybe that makes it better? Which way would you prefer? Let me know in the comments!
Dilbert: As an engineering student I have to post this awesome Dilbert strip! Engineers rule!
Ok, that's it for me, see you all next week for my comic review and check out all the other comic reviews, updated daily here at The Daily Comics Review! (Hence the title)
Zachary
Stupid Inventor
1 comments:
Well, every strip can't appeal to every demographic. Non Sequitur, for example, appeals to people with frontal lobes while Mutts appeals to people with a sense of art appreciation, and MyCage appeals to poseurs who fantasize they're the smartest guy in the room because they mock easy targets like Marmaduke.
Post a Comment